ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO 14001 STANDARD IS CHANGING IN THE AUTUMN OF 2015.
Major changes are coming!
WHAT IS THE STANDARD ABOUT?
ISO 14001 defines the basic requirements and provides practical tools for organizations to identify and control their environmental impact and constantly improve their environmental performance. The standard accumulates the well-working methods of reaching these goals and defines the environmentally relevant information providing the company with cost-effective, systematic and flexible solutions.
ISO 14001 is similar to ISO 9001 quality management as both of them pertain to the process of how a product is produced, rather than to the product itself. ISO 14001 does not state requirements for environmental performance, but maps out a framework that a company or organization can follow to set up an effective environmental management system.
This can provide a proof that the management and employees are committed to consider and improve the environmental impact of their company’s operations continously.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING AN ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN YOUR COMPANY?
An Environmental Management System helps you with:
- providing your company with assurance that you meet your environmental management system commitments and corporate policy requirements,
- creating and maintaining an environmentally conscious attitude in your company,
- reducing negative effects on the environment during your operation processes,
- showing your partners, regulatory agencies, and customers that you are environmentally responsible which increases your competitiveness,
- demonstrating that your company is committed to environment and it ensures that your processes are reviewed and documentations are updated continously.
HOW CAN YOUR COMPANY GET PROFIT FROM HAVING AN ISO 14001 ENVIRONMETAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
- It reduces the cost of waste management.
- It reduces the of logistical and operational costs as you can get savings in consumption of energy and materials.
- It certificates that your organisation meets the legislative environmental requirements.
- You can avoid facing prosecution and fines.
- Your distribution costs will be lower.
- It increases your company’s value and brings you more tender and customers as well as business partners.
- It gives you a better chance and position in the international market.
- It improves corporate image among regulators, customers and the public and increases your competitiveness.
Who do we recommend it?
Environmental Management Systems are not just for large organisations. The standard can be adopted by any company, regardless of size, type, area or geographical location. Implementing of it should be considerable for every company that aims to operate environmentally conscious but it is essential and the most useful for firms in industrial and manufacturing sector, the food and service industries, as well as companies in the construction industry.
The standard itself is only a pure collection of rules and requirements. It only tells you what you need to do but it doesn’t provide you with any guidance how to do it.
Our job is to help you with creating and implementing a valuable environmental management system personalised for your company’s needs, planning the processes and pointing out the methods so that you can achieve an efficient and succesful operation.
Raise your questions! Ask for personal advice about advantages and benefits of having ISO systems in your company.
Our first consultation is free of charge.